This seemed to be a great way to end the year and begin a new!
Breathing can transform your life.
If you feel stressed out and overwhelmed, breathe. It will calm you and release the tensions.
If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened, breathe. It will bring you back to the present.
If you are discouraged and have forgotten your purpose in life, breathe. It will remind you about how precious life is, and that each breath in this life is a gift you need to appreciate. Make the most of this gift.
If you have too many tasks to do, or are scattered during your workday, breathe. It will help bring you into focus, to concentrate on the most important task you need to be focusing on right now.
If you are spending time with someone you love, breathe. It will allow you to be present with that person, rather than thinking about work or other things you need to do.
If you are exercising, breathe. It will help you enjoy the exercise, and therefore stick with it for longer.
If you are moving too fast, breathe. It will remind you to slow down, and enjoy life more.
So breathe. And enjoy each moment of this life. They’re too fleeting and few to waste.
Tip: Put the word “Breathe” as a screensaver or desktop pic, or put it up as a note on your wall or fridge or on your desk. Then do it every time you see the word.
Post written by Leo Babauta.
1. Bring enough lunch to work to share
2. Say something nice to everyone you encounter
3. If someone admires something you own, give it to them (within reason).
4. Donate some of your time off to another coworker who could use the additional time off
6. Say, I’m sorry without saying but afterwards
7. Make it your intention to be kind…look for every opportunity each day
8. Listen for the answer when you ask someone how they’re doing
9. Pay the bill of the car behind you in the fast food lane.
10. Pick your child up early from school and catch a mid-day movie