How I’m Starting the New Year…
Inspirationenergy is Now Accepting Guest Posts!
I started inspirationenergy less than 2 years ago and today it has over 2000 followers and nearly 30,000 views and growing! This year, I launched my new website begintobelieve where I use my life, gifts & professional experience to help people (mostly women!) to discover their gifts, establish goals and set practical & spiritual strategies for moving forward. So, since I have less time to search for the most inspirational material out there, I’m reaching out to you!
Here’s How to Submit Your Inspiring Quotes, Music, Videos, Stories, Pictures and Post!
First, look through some of the posts on inspirationenergy so that you can get an idea of the type of things we feature . Note that this can be your work or someone else’s, so please state the source.
Your inspiring submissions must focus on at least one of these three categories:
1. Personal or Spiritual Growth, Self Improvement, Health, Wealth, Business – Featured on Mondays
2. Charities, Causes, Selflessness- Featured on Wednesdays
3. Fun, Adventure, Humor- Featured on Fridays
1. Email your complete submission to email@example.com with the word SUBMISSION in the subject line. Included the respective category (1,2 or 3) and include a link back to your site and your email address for that I can notify you when you’ve been selected!
2. Follow inspirationenergy.wordpress.com
3. After review, I will select 2 to 4 submissions each month to be featured on inspirationenergy, which will highlight you as the source and be accompanied by the link back to your site.
4. You will be notified if your submission has been selected and when it will be featured.
5. Send any questions or inquiries via my contact page.
So, that’s it… Good luck and I can’t wait to see your exciting and inspirational submissions!
“The gratitude that you receive from others is a reflection of your creative genius.”- Danielle Laporte
As we ponder the question, what do I do in my life where I can both do what I love and make a living at it; I propose another question, “what do people thank you for?”
What is it that you consistent bring to the lives of people around you that generate sincere, organic and overwhelming “THANK YOUs”?
Whether it’s something tangible or intangible, odds are that when you’re doing this thing, it makes you feel good; you know in your heart that you’re good at it and you know that people are going to appreciate it and appreciate you when you’re done!
So then the million dollar question becomes, how do you take this thing and begin to turn it in to work that you love? (work meaning… I get paid to do this!)
Here’s how to get started:
- Listen. Listen for or think about those moments when people or animals even expressed to you sincere gratitude and thankfulness for something you’ve done.
- Write them down. Make a “What Do People Thank Me For?” list, where you make note of these moments every time they happen and answer these questions.
- What did I do?
- Who did I do it for?
- How did it make me feel as I did it and how did I feel when I finished?
- How did this thing make a difference in the person’s life?
- Would I want to do this every day if I could?
- Look for consistencies. There will probably be more than one thing happening here, so that’s why it’s important to catch every moment and make special note of consistencies.
- Discover Your Gift. Review your “What Do People Thank Me For?” list and look for that one thing that consistently showed up and had the most satisfying results. What’s revealed is your God given gift! You may be surprised at the outcome!
- Do it more often but now with intention! Now that you know what people consistently thank you for, do it often and with intention!
- Offer to do it instead of maybe waiting to be asked.
- Begin to study and educate yourself on the details of how to do it better.
- Search for other people who are doing the same thing successfully and are where you want to be.
- Create a POA- Plan of Action! Begin to work on creating a step by step action plan to get you on your way. I’ll help you with this one in upcoming posts and in my soon to be released ebook, “How to Begin to Believe”. So if you would like a copy, subscribe and you’ll be the first to know and don’t worry about the cost, you can pay what you want!
Time for Spirit and Gratitude
Say This With Me:
Thank you God, for allowing me to touch the lives of others in a positive way…for this, I am truly grateful.
Allow me to expand my reach of service and direct me in my path.
Checkout more like this on believebegreat.com
You have to come clean! You have to deal with your bullshit! All of us have something that we need to deal with in our character or spirit. We lie, cheat, steal, talk about our friends behind their backs. We’re jealous, envious, spiteful and selfish!
I’m talking about the ugly things that you do in secret or when you think nobody is watching. Or those things that you do intentionally even when you know they’re wrong or they are going to really piss somebody off ! Or maybe you’re just plain old mean, insensitive or hurtful.
Whatever the case, you have to come to grips with the fact that maybe all those hurtful things your friends and family say about you are true!
It may not be that you’re a bad person but if your behavior hinders or interferes with the life and dreams of other people, then this is a problem! This type of behavior kills dreams and damages the spirit and you have no right to inflict this on anyone!
In order for us to make any kind of meaningful break through much less accomplish a lifelong dream, we have to address this sort of behavior, there is no getting around it! And even though good things happen to bad people all the time, every day, eventually, one way or another, it all catches up to you.
If you’re generally a “good” person and most of us are, this task of identifying those things we need to come clean about maybe even harder than you expect. We are so accustom to justifying our weaknesses or calling them something other than what they are. But it’s time to put on your big girl panties (excuse me fellas!) and tell it like it is!
So here’s my bullshit list (the short one)!
- I’m socially insensitive and I don’t remember people’s name
- I can be selfish
- I only really “like” my own kids
- I can be thoughtless and thankless to those I love and those that love me
There is no 30 day or 12 step solution to fixing this. These changes must take place over time through your genuine, conscious and direct intention to do better.
So, in our effort to begin to deal with our “bullshit lists”, here are measures that will help us to do just that! Check It Out Here… believebegreat.com!
I think I’m going to do this in a “small” way… maybe at the $1 store! I’m sure it will be appreciated just the same!
I am so excited about my inspirationenergy items on cafepress! It gives me the opportunity to offer items that reminds us to be an inspiration and also allows me to give back. On cafepress, I receive 8% of the cost of each item. I am committing 50% of my profits to my “inspired to give” organizations. I will keep a running tally of the total funds raised on my sidebar! Thanks for your support and shop inspirationenergy!