Meditation is simply directed concentration, and involves learning to focus your awareness and direct it onto an object: your breath, a phrase or word repeated silently, a memorized inspirational passage, or an image in the mind’s eye. The benefits of meditation are numerous, and include:
1. Helping to lower blood pressure
2. Decreasing heart and respiratory
3. Increasing blood flow
4. Enhancing immune function
5. Reducing perception of pain and relieving chronic pain due to arthritis and other disorders
6. Maintaining level mood
7. Bringing awareness and mindfulness to everyday aspects of life http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP04581/Meditate-Each-Day-Keep-the-Doctor-Away.html
Deepak Chopra Meditation– One of My Favorites!
Affirmation – a declaration that something is true.
“Day by day in every way with the help of God, I am getting better and better and better’.”- Modified by Dr. George King
“Repeat this affirmation for 10 minutes before you go to sleep and your subconscious mind will repeat it for 3 hours after you have you gone to sleep.
Every Day In Every Way I Am Getting Better And Better.
This famous affirmation was first given by Emile Coue in the nineteenth century. Coue is generally regarded as the father of modern day affirmations.