An Interactive View of TIME Magazine’s- “The Top of America” from 1 World Trade Center NYC
“The gratitude that you receive from others is a reflection of your creative genius.”- Danielle Laporte
As we ponder the question, what do I do in my life where I can both do what I love and make a living at it; I propose another question, “what do people thank you for?”
What is it that you consistent bring to the lives of people around you that generate sincere, organic and overwhelming “THANK YOUs”?
Whether it’s something tangible or intangible, odds are that when you’re doing this thing, it makes you feel good; you know in your heart that you’re good at it and you know that people are going to appreciate it and appreciate you when you’re done!
So then the million dollar question becomes, how do you take this thing and begin to turn it in to work that you love? (work meaning… I get paid to do this!)
Here’s how to get started:
- Listen. Listen for or think about those moments when people or animals even expressed to you sincere gratitude and thankfulness for something you’ve done.
- Write them down. Make a “What Do People Thank Me For?” list, where you make note of these moments every time they happen and answer these questions.
- What did I do?
- Who did I do it for?
- How did it make me feel as I did it and how did I feel when I finished?
- How did this thing make a difference in the person’s life?
- Would I want to do this every day if I could?
- Look for consistencies. There will probably be more than one thing happening here, so that’s why it’s important to catch every moment and make special note of consistencies.
- Discover Your Gift. Review your “What Do People Thank Me For?” list and look for that one thing that consistently showed up and had the most satisfying results. What’s revealed is your God given gift! You may be surprised at the outcome!
- Do it more often but now with intention! Now that you know what people consistently thank you for, do it often and with intention!
- Offer to do it instead of maybe waiting to be asked.
- Begin to study and educate yourself on the details of how to do it better.
- Search for other people who are doing the same thing successfully and are where you want to be.
- Create a POA- Plan of Action! Begin to work on creating a step by step action plan to get you on your way. I’ll help you with this one in upcoming posts and in my soon to be released ebook, “How to Begin to Believe”. So if you would like a copy, subscribe and you’ll be the first to know and don’t worry about the cost, you can pay what you want!
Time for Spirit and Gratitude
Say This With Me:
Thank you God, for allowing me to touch the lives of others in a positive way…for this, I am truly grateful.
Allow me to expand my reach of service and direct me in my path.
Checkout more like this on believebegreat.com
“Remember, no matter where you come from, your dreams are valid.” -Lupita Nyong’o